The Icon Group is an interdisciplinary geoscience company. We specialise in Earth Observation, Environmental Monitoring, GIS and Spatial Data Analytics. We are a European leader of earth imaging services and are Ireland’s largest processor of optical and image data.
For over a quarter of a century, our bespoke approach has provided insight and assurance to commercial and governmental agencies and institutions across Europe. We employ over 50 full-time geoscientists with a focus on excellence in our work. We provide, interpret, and manage location-based data and imagery, offering answers in support of:
● Land Use and Cover determination
● Yield Projection
● Machine Learned Object Inventories
● Image interpretation and Analysis
● Vector based route optimisation for road transport
We seek an experienced GIS developer to join our team and play a leading role in the maintenance and development of our bespoke GIS applications.
● Maintain and support existing bespoke desktop GIS application and implement further development as required.
● Develop new GIS web-based applications and maintain and enhance existing.
● Provide web based reports
● Spatial data management and Oracle database management.
● Install configure and monitor Icon’s GIS software
● Create , modify, and maintain custom scripts and routines for GIS processes automation and applications.
● Provide technical support to end users and track and resolve issues using jira based project management.
● At least 3 years of experience developing web and desktop GIS applications
● Third level or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Geographical Information Systems or equivalent
● Experience developing GIS solutions using Visual Basic, ASP.NET (or other oo languages) and mapping SDKs including experience in using Visual Studio.
● 5+years experience in GIS & spatial analysis.
● Strong SQL skills and experience with Oracle Spatial.
● Strong knowledge of GIS tools especially FME, QGIS.
● Strong written and communication tools
● Ability to adapt to a fast paced development schedule.
● Fluent in English